Fashion is defined as more than just a garment in my eyes. It is your self expression, your character, your physical subliminal views through clothing as your reflection of today's standards. So my goal is to share some Worldly Fashion History Facts with hopes of more people tuning into a fashionable demeanor!
|Check out what you didn't know about fashion..|
I bet ya didn't know....
- An item of clothing is considered vintage if it dates back from 1920 to 1960. Anything after this date is considered retro.
- The 1st NY Fashion Week was called "Press Week..and it was held in 1943!
- Egyptian women used henna to lighten their hair.
- Before the 1840's, wedding dresses might be of any color, but after Queen Victoria was married in 1840 in a white, lace trimmed dress, the public began to associate white gowns with weddings.
- Men didn't began to wear underwear until the 16th Century.
- French chemist Eugene Schueller develops the 1st safe commercial hair dye!. in 1910 he names his company L'Oreal.
GlamSlam or NotAFan